Sunday, November 23, 2008

Branching out to new ideas!

So I just started falling in love with Costa Vita, I must admit I used to hate it with a passion... (just cause I thought it was spaicy I really never tried it before... )
But Kyle likes it so when we went to the BYU game a few weeks back I decided to cave in and give it a shot... and I fell in love! so here is a recipe I found for it..... and am going to try soon! (when we are done stuffing our face with Turkey that is)

Here are the thing you need to pull it all together!

Black Beans (or Pinto if it suits your fancy)
Cilantro Lime Rice
Sweet Pork
Green Chile Enchilada sauce
Mozzarella Cheese
And Here is how to get these things nice and tasty!
Black Beans, I just used the canned variety - and heated them on the stove. One can is enough for five or six burritos.
2 cups rice2 cups water1/2 cup lime juicechopped cilantro (use about 1/2 of the bunch)
Add everything to a pot. Bring to a boil. Cover, turn off heat, and let stand on the burner for 20 minutes.
Sweet Pork. This makes lots - I’d estimate enough for 20 burritos. Leftovers freeze.
4 lb. pork roast (I used a rump)2 cups brown sugar1 (12-14 oz.) jar salsa2 cans Coke (24 oz. or 2 1/2 cups)
Place roast in crock pot, fill half way with water and cook for 6-8 hoursDiscard water.Shred meat and return to the crock pot
Combine sugar, salsa, and coke in a seperate bowl.Add mixture to the meat in the crock pot.Cook an additional 3 hours. Stir occasionally.
Green Chile Enchilada Sauce... Really just get the canned kind at any store :)
And there you go!
I think the best thing about this is freezing the leftovers....
nothing better then have a good meal that you can just heat up and be done with!

No comments: